Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June Workouts

Here's some of the workouts I'm doing in the month of June, 2014.

1) 6 level pyramid consisting of the following exercises (multiplier x level):
     a) 1x rows, feet on stool
     b) 2x judo pushups
     c) 2x v-ups
     d) 2x bendovers
     e) 2x jump lunges



2) Upper back, biceps, delts (right after the pyramid above):
     a) Two Pull up ladders - increase by one pull up on each rung of the ladder, with 5 second rest multiplied by the number of reps, until I can't get to the next rung.  For example, 1 pull up + 5 sec rest, 2 pull ups + 10 sec rest, 3 pull ups + 15 sec rest, 4 pull ups, + 20 sec rest, etc.  Once I can't continue the ladder, I rest for one minute then start the ladder again.  I end up doing between 40 and 50 pull ups
     b) Self-resistance curls - now this is some strange stuff, if you haven't seen this type of thing before.  Self-resistance is pitting one muscle against another.  In this case, I use a contraption I designed to pit my left bicep against the right bicep.  So instead of curling with a weight, a pulley system allows one bicep to provide resistance for the other.  You can do self-resistance without any apparatus, but I like using this little contraption I built.  I do standard curls, hammer curls and reverse curls.  Two sets of 10 reps for each type of exercise.
     c) Self-resistance front and side raises.  Same apparatus.  Just have to lengthen the rope to accommodate these exercises.  Two sets of 10 reps each for front and side raises. 



3) Abs - I'm doing ab work twice a week, and start each with a warm up. 
     a) Hanging leg raises, side-front-side, 2 sets, each to failure.
     b) Ab wheel, 2 sets, each to failure - this is TOUGH!  Especially after just having done leg raises.
     c) 2 sets of: knees to chest to failure, rest 30 sec, crunches with feet raised



4) Chest and triceps:
     a) Dips on rings ladder.  2 sec rest between levels.  2 ladders.
     b) Self-resistance chest presses 3 sets.  I made this one up.  I try to hit various angles, which is why my arms rotate all over the place.
     c) Pushups with elastic bands, 2 sets, each to failure.  The bands provide extra resistance.  I like bands. 



5) Extreme cardio - learned this from a fitness website I like.  It is one of the toughest workouts Jason and I have done.  We only do it for about 10+ minutes, but it's intense.


So there it is.  Pretty fun stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment